Fun and Function’s Stretch Denim Weighted Vest is the original Fun and Function weighted vest, in a sleek stretch denim for fashion conscious kids and adults. The material offers gentle compression, just like a reassuring hug. The interior is lined with convenient pockets and includes removable weights for grounding proprioceptive input. Wear whenever focus or calm is needed. Adjustable sides for a looser or more snug fit. Features front zipper, making it easy for kids to put on or remove the vest themselves.
- Use weighted products with guidance from a therapist
- Includes vest and 2 lbs. of weight: four 1/4 lb. weights and two 1/2 lb. weights.
We currently only carry the Large Teen/Adult size. Upon request we can Special Order the Medium 9-12 size.
- Proprioceptive input and gentle compression encourage calm and focus, and help kids cope with sensory overload
- Supports kids and adults with ADHD, sensory integration disorder or autism
- Helps ease transition and travel
- Sets child up for classroom success
Measurements shown reflect the size of the vest. To measure circumference, lift arms slightly and measure around the widest part of the body. Measurements are in inches. Place weights into pockets based on your child's weight and preferences. Additional weights sold separately.
Use with adult guidance . Never use to cover face or restrict child's movement. User should be able to remove weighted clothing without help. Follow the age and weight guidelines stated on the product insert. Weights should be carefully and gradually adjusted for each person's needs (10% of total body weight is a common standard. The total should never exceed 10-15% of total body weight).
- Proprioceptive input
- Tested by an independent and accredited third-party lab
- Meets or exceeds government safety standards for lead and physical and mechanical hazards
- Do not allow user to sleep with weighted clothing
Specs for Stretch Denim Weighted Vest
93% cotton and 7% polyester. 100% polyester zipper and hook-and-loop closures.
100% cotton. Weights are steel pellets