Balta Brush’s Sensory Brush for Wilbarger Protocol is a palm-sized brush meant for the Wilbarger Protocol. The Wilbarger Protocol is a therapy program designed to reduce sensory or tactile defensiveness. Children who exhibit symptoms of tactile defensiveness are extremely sensitive to touch. This can cause a fear or resistance to being touched, difficulty transitioning between activities, and/or lethargy.
If you think that your child would benefit from the Wilbarger Protocol, it is important to seek guidance from an Occupational Therapist. The OT must be trained in sensory integration and must be specifically trained to use the Wilbarger Protocol. Performing the therapy in a manner other than taught by a trained professional may not be effective and can be very uncomfortable for the individual.
- Easy to hold and rounded to fit comfortably in the palm of the hand
- Helps with transitions
- Improved ability to focus and emotionally regulate
- Pressure input targets touch receptors and helps calm down any over-active receptors in the nervous system
- Can help aid in decreasing tactile defensiveness and anxiety for kids with autism and other diverse abilities
- Tactile and proprioceptive input
Specs for Sensory Brush