The SPIO Long Sleeve Shirt is part of the SPIO a compression system designed to help children with special needs including cerebral palsy, autism, Down Syndrome, sensory processing disorders, and other neuro-muscular delays. SPIO is made of a patented Lycra fabric with a unique multi-directional stretch.
SPIO’s patented compression ratios provide a multi-directional and steady stretch tension directly to the skin and indirectly to the internal soft tissue structures. This precise compression around and toward the midline of the body provides accurate and usable deep pressure sensory information to the child’s proprioceptive feedback system, resulting in improved positional limb and body awareness, improved core muscle and joint stabilization, and increased precision of muscle activation and movement.
- Single layer Lycra/Nylon fabric
- Machine washable
- 3.5" long hook and loop back neck closure (optional full back hook and loop closure)
- Designed to fit snug over hips
- Assists with primary awareness deficits in upper extremity and trunk
- Positive impact on shoulder/arm stability and function
- Provides Deep Pressure Touch
- Improves mood and focus
- Proprioceptive input
- Latex free